It’s a rough moment when you realize, despite everything you’ve believed since you hit puberty, that your parents are actually cool. And not just in, like, mom and dad ways. Like actually cool. Also, they had actual lives before becoming parents!
Those are life-altering realizations, and ones that these 20 redditors just got smacked in the face with in ways that are undeniable – and hilarious.
20. This man is sculpting a bust of his wife in the ’80s. Like…whoa.
19. She totally looks as if she could have been a badass spy hanging out in Moscow
18. This is a cooler wedding day pic than the ones we spend thousands on today
17. Well, this is adorable
16. No caption necessary
15. I’ve got some serious heart eyes for this woman’s style
14. This looks like a still shot from a movie!
13. This dad would be super cool (I mean, he was a military contractor diving in the Red Sea) even if he wasn’t smoking hot
12. I’m not sure what to say about this, but I like it
11. When your mom took her “gardening” seriously
10. Proof that good people have always existed
9. When your dad is in a full-page surfing spread in Peru, it’s time to accept you will never be that cool
8. Before he had 4 boys and probably did NOT settle down
7. Her dad holding Magic Johnson and I assume wearing pants
6. Real girls beat all the boys at a pie-eating contest
5. There’s nothing I don’t love about this picture of a bunch of guys in short shorts grilling on a moving submarine
4. So many 1970s skateboarding parents!
3. If my math teacher was like this, I might have liked it more (also, that guy’s expression as he turns around and sees the camera)
2. When your badass mom worked at NASA in the ’70s
1. First, that outfit needs to be acknowledged. Second…is he related to Ryan Gosling, or is time travel a thing?
h/t: Bored Panda
Loving Humans of Tumblr? There’s more where that came from!