17. Pulse points
If you are overheating or feel really warm, put cold water on your wrist or neck to cool down faster.
These are some pulse points where the blood vessels are closer to the surface of the skin.
18. Outside is key
Hate running? Try changing your stride to lots of smaller shorter steps.
I went from 3 miles being a monumental hurdle to twice a week 8 mile runs feeling great. It’s a lot easier on your knees and feet too. Also, audiobooks help with the boredom. Run outside, not on a treadmill.
19. Nasal spray might be easier
If you ever have a blocked nose, try this:
1. Exhale completely out of your mouth until your lungs are empty. Do not breath back in yet.
2. Pinch your nose with thumb and forefinger. Don’t breathe yet.
3. Tilt your head all the way back, and then all he way forward. Do not breathe in yet.
4. Repeat the head tilting exercise for as long as you can hold your breath. When you can’t hold it anymore let go of your nose and breathe in a nice lungful. Your nose will be clear – at least for long enough to use some Nasal spray and clear it properly.
This is awesome! You look a total idiot and I have no idea how it works. But it does.
Rolling around and stretching on the floor for 5-10 minutes helps to relieve a huge amount of body aches/soreness for me.
It’s something I’m doing fairly regularly now because it works miracles when I’m physically spent at the end of a long day.
21. If it works, it works
Cramped your foot? Grab your big toe, pull it forward and wiggle it about as fast as possible, cramp goes away.
Not sure if it’s just a placebo type affect, but it works every time for me.
22. Push and blow
You can help loosen a plugged sinus by alternating pushing on the roof of your mouth…
This can be done with your tongue or thumb, then using your other hand to push just above the bridge of the nose.
23. Good, cuz i hate exercise
Weight loss is 75 to 100 percent diet…
Going to the gym and running a mile does not burn as much calories as you think.
A professor did a study where he only ate twinkies for a month. Because the caloric intake was low, he lost weight (or maintained). This truly showed it was the volume and less about the contents of what we eat which controls our weight.
Obviously you get no essential vitamins and nutrients from just twinkies. I don’t advocate it. But all these diet fads are useless. The key concept is controlling caloric intake. That’s all it takes.
24. Consult your physician
Just don’t take more than 10,000iu a day for more than 3 months because you’ll get toxicity. I take 4000iu a day.
Talk to your doctor about dose.
Check out these other great reads.