#1. Victor Lundy
Lundy actually volunteered for the Army Special Training Program, hoping to design buildings in post-war Europe, but was moved into the infantry two years later.
That is pretty much like getting drafted IMO, but I think the nuances of that story are even more interesting.
Here are a few:
Want more Fact Snacks?
We’ve got a whole book full of them:
Hundreds of your favorites like:
- Your pupils dilate when you’re looking at someone you love.
- Octopuses are older than dinosaurs.
- Caffeine withdrawal is officially a mental disorder.
- The only breed of dog to be mentioned by name in the Bible is the greyhound.
- Your heart is so powerful that it can squirt blood 30 feet across the room.
- Dr. Seuss’s first book was rejected 27 times.
Buy it now on Amazon:
Or keep digging into more lists like these:
- Feast Your Eyes on the 10 Most Loved Fact Snacks from 2016
- 7 Random Fact-Snacks to Slap Your Brain Awake Today
- Get It On with These 17 Facts About Penises and Vaginas
- 7 Super-Heady Facts to Spawn 7 Epic Conversations
- 7 Weird, Creepy, Cool, Funny and F’Awesome Facts
- These 7 Facts Will Not Save Your Life, but They Are Pretty Cool
- 7 Random Facts That You’ll Want to Tell All Your Friends