What would it be like to live inside of a rock?
Go inside a stone
That would be my way.
Let somebody else become a dove
Or gnash with a tiger’s tooth.
I am happy to be a stone…
The video includes a glimpse at some of his other projects.
Like the bear:
And the pedestal:
And we’d be remiss if we didn’t show you the bottle he lived in, too:
Yeah. A bottle:
You might be thinking to yourself, “Self, how does Poincheval bring ideas like this to life?”
The process seems to include a lot of cool renderings that are often also part of the performances/exhibits.
He even does maquettes:
One would assume that this is part of how the artist raises money for these performances – and for food.
And these performances aren’t one-offs. Most of the above was done multiple times in multiple locations.
Kinda makes David Blane feel a bit tame…
Let’s close with a bit more of Simic’s poem:
…I have seen sparks fly out
When two stones are rubbed,
So perhaps it is not dark inside after all;
Perhaps there is a moon shining
From somewhere, as though behind a hill –
Just enough light to make out
The strange writings, the star-charts
On the inner walls.
Check out these other great did you know? articles:
- Here’s a Perfect Example of How Becoming a Meme Can Completely Ruin Your Life
- If You’ve Ever Jerked Awake Suddenly While Falling Asleep, This is What’s Happening to Your Body
- This Waitress’ Epic Post After Customers Tip Her $0 Is Going Viral
- Why This Model Is Suing a Tampon Company After Losing Her Leg
- Science Explains…What Happens if You Never Leave Your Hometown
- You Might Be Confused…Here’s What These Emoji ACTUALLY Mean
- Infographic: What Does Your Poo Say About You?
- 10 Survival Myths That Could Kill You
- This Grandma’s Search History Was So Adorably Polite It Even Got Google’s Attention
- At 15-Years-Old, He Weighed 707 Pounds: The Way He Looks Today is Inspiring Millions of People