I had a soul-eating, 9-5 job for over a decade. Every day, getting out of bed stole a little piece of my soul.
It was partly the getting up before or with the sun, and partly that I hated where I had to go for the daylight hours. But no matter what, getting jolted out of comfortable, lovely sleep by a blaring alarm just to realize that it’s ONLY TUESDAY isn’t fun for anyone. It can’t be.
And Tumblr? They get you.
17. When you wish you could snooze people like your alarm clock.
16. And then you remember it’s every day until forever, or you die.
15. It’s true and it hurts so much.
14. When the world is awake before you.
13. Staying awake in meetings is hard enough when they’re not first thing in the morning.
12. I mean, what are you supposed to do at night if not this?
11. And also at the end of the day and all of the times in between.
10. Yeah nope.