There’s something about the memories of teenaged summers that leaves them slightly hazy behind a golden glow of warm nights, cheap beer, romance, and yes, a job that probably didn’t seem as bad then as it does now. Hollywood has some great takes on this phenomenon – my favorites are Adventureland and The ToDo List, if you’re in the mood.
Whether it’s working at a movie theater, the swimming pool, waiting tables, a car wash, mowing lawns, or some other job that requires cheap labor, we’ve all been there. I mean, unless you were rich and your parents didn’t make you work.
Let’s take a ride down memory lane with some folks who had some particularly funny stops along the way!
15. Sounds like you had it coming, my friend
14. This does not surprise me
13. That’s gonna leave a mark
12. You should have gone and auditioned for Elphaba. They would have been so impressed by your method!
11. You and Roger Federer could be arm twinsies! #claimtofame
10. The guy must have a grudge against chocolate because I’m pretty sure this claim is not backed by empirical evidence
9. I once had a customer complain that they didn’t realize the buffalo wings would be spicy
8. This sounds like fun: stop complaining
7. Okay, this would be super depressing after a while
6. Sometimes it’s hard to argue that you just aren’t a good fit. Like a huge couch through a doorway. #deepthoughts
5. This is literally the worst
3. You know they were just messing with you, right?
2. I wish I could have seen your face
1. 10 points to Slytherin!
If you love the hashtag game, check these out!