With the immense popularity of the mobile game Pokémon GO, as well as the rise of internet dating sites like Tinder and Match, it was bound to happen: a Pokémon GO dating service! Yes, you can now meet the love of your life while hunting virtual monsters. What a time to be alive!
PokéDates is a service introduced by ProjectFixUp which will match you with a partner who shares your Pokémon obsession. To get started, you fill out a questionnaire with normal dating questions like what are your interests, what you look for in a partner, deal-breakers, etc. You then input your schedule and indicate that you would like this date to be a PokéDate!
A real human from ProjectFixUp will analyze your profile and email you when they have found a match. They then set a time and send you either to a PokéStop or a Pokémon Gym, there to find the love of your life. Once you meet up, you can explore the area with your new Pokémon partner on a romantic PokéDate!
We suggest coming armed with awesome pickup lines like, “Are you a Hitmonlee cuz your body is kickin” or “My Metapod just used harden.” Okay, actually if you want the PokéDate to go well, we suggest shying away from terrible pickup lines. In all seriousness, this could be a fantastic way to spend a first date because the game instantly gives you something to relate about–no awkward smalltalk necessary on a PokéDate! After a long day of catching Pokémon and battling gyms together, hopefully your love will evolve from a tiny Magikarp into a giant raging Gyrados. Or something like that.
Plus, if your PokéDate goes awry, at least you are playing Pokémon GO. You could always run away saying you thought you saw a Charizard on your radar if things are bad enough.
If this sounds like fun to you, head over to ProjectFixUp and embark on your own PokéDate. Let us know how it goes!
Like this story? Check out some of our other Pokémon GO articles!
- Niantic Announces a New Feature to Help Catch Rare Pokémon!
- Pokémon GO Helps UK Animal Shelter Raise $13K in One Night
- South Korea’s Pokémon GO-nuts: Gotta Munch ‘Em All
- Pokémon GO Nests Have Been Completely Randomized
- Pokéanatomy – An Artistic Vision of the Science Behind a Pokémon’s Inner Workings!
- UK Artist Cat Ward Is Evolving Pokémon into Mandalas
- Pokémon of New York: A Hilarious Parody of Humans of New York
- The 6 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started Pokémon GO
- Why You Should Get Excited About the Next Pokémon GO Update
- Pokémon NO – The 4 Worst Things to Happen to Pokémon GO Players
- The Elusive Ditto: Everything We Know About The Pokémon Everybody Wants To Catch
- Pokémon GO Battle Guide: The Best Moves For Each Species
- Find Out The Perfect IVs For 2km, 5km, & 10km Egg Hatches
- The Hardest Pokémon to Catch in Pokémon GO
- Pokémon GO Candy Predictions for Gen 2 Evolutions
- These 10 Pokémon are the Most Powerful in Pokémon GO Right Now
- 24 Relationships Already Ruined By Pokémon GO
- Quiz: How Many of These 20 Original Pokémon Can You Name?
- A Guy Caught A Pokémon While He Was Fighting ISIS
- A Guy Played Pokémon GO at 3AM and Got More Than He Bargained For