We’ve come a long way in the past decade. It’s hard to keep up with all the technology flying at us. Heck, I’m still trying to figure out the appeal of Twitter.
So, in the spirit of laughing at our ignorant past selves, scroll through these 10 jokes that would have made no sense at all in 2009.
1. We are getting into cars with strangers and asking for rides. In the olden days, this was called hitchhiking and our parents would ground us for doing it.
2. Girls roll out of bed in sweatshirts, pull on short shorts and put their hair in a scrunchie to go out for the day. In the olden days, this is how girls got ready for bed.
3. We are all wearing cool in-ear speakers. In the olden days, we attached entire stereos to our clothing and got tangled up in the wires.
4. Alexa takes care of us. In the olden days, we had to do our own things.
5. “Millennials have ruined the society we’ve worked so hard to build.” In the olden days: “Millennial babies are so cute. They’re our future.”
6. We cannot agree on anything now. ANYTHING. In the olden days, WE WERE PERFECT.
7. We get ready for the day on social media. In the olden days, we got ready for the day in the bathroom. With the door closed.
8. Our watches are computers. In the olden days, our watches told us what time it was.
9. We don’t need to see each other to have a relationship. In the olden days, we went on dates. Together.
10. We spend a la-oht of money on our phones. In the olden days, we counted our money.
Do you feel old now? Or, are you wondering how we crawled out of our mud holes into these modern times? Discuss.