Our #1 purpose is to enrich the lives of others by providing fun and interesting ways to learn about the world -past, present, and future- what lies within it, and what’s been discovered beyond it. Because you have a limitless supply of information at your fingertips, we continuously strive to offer you new ways of observing and understanding life. With our followers on Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube and our app, website, and book readers combined, we speak to millions upon millions of people every day.
We know you want more than just random, meaningless facts, so we work very hard to live up to your expectations. Whether you’re interested in giant tarantulas who have tiny-froggy pets, lifelong couples who die holding hands, everyday people striving for social justice, the fact that magenta doesn’t exist, or the reason why your diamond engagement ring is the result of a decades-old marketing ploy and holds no actual monetary value, ‘did you know?’ has something for everyone.
What we are:
- We are a group of knowledge crusaders who began as a small-but-mighty startup and quickly grew into an enormous melting pot of fact snacks, articles, videos, social media accounts, mobile apps, and published books.
- We are here for the curious, the knowledge junkies, the trivia addicts, the know-it-alls, the need-to-know-mores, the don’t-know-enoughs, the young, the old, the incorrigible, the bored, the eager, the downtrodden, the underdogs, the lovers, the dreamers, and you.
- We are known for busting myths, slaying rumors, looking at the flip side of things, owning up to our mistakes, showcasing ordinary people who do extraordinary things, remembering forgotten history, simplifying science, explaining why there are so many songs about rainbows (it’s because they’re rad), and proving that adults really do love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
- We are people who advocate that knowledge and discovery can enhance the journey of life for all humans, so we handpick topics we hope will spark embers of burning curiosity that lead you to fire up new conversations, open new doors, and gain new insight into the world around you.
- We are determined to prove that learning new things really can be effortless and fun.
- We are of the opinion that Internet memes are cool, but enlightening, exciting, and verified facts you want to share with your friends are even cooler.
- We are a curious bunch who like to explore the humanity of all things. We maintain a vision that every fact can tell a fully-developed story- because ultimately, all living things have fascinating stories to tell, and all non-living things were born of something living. From Bill Murray’s notable antics, to insanely large cats, to the proper way of applying antiperspirant (yes, you’re probably doing it wrong), to the science of how pearls are made, we firmly believe that every piece of information in this vast, mysterious universe contains captivating details that reach beyond the droll and often boring ramblings of textbook lexicon.
- We are against Internet rumors, recycled myths, and the spreading of fake news, therefore we cite credible sources for all our facts and credit the talented artists, photographers, and writers whose content and images we use to help further illustrate our educational information. If you ever feel we haven’t hit that mark, please message us and we’ll happily right our wrongs. Yes, we want you to let us know when we’re wrong, but- please be nice, because…
- We are kind, and we love it when others are, too.
What we aren’t:
- We are not a source for breaking news.
- We are not going to discuss current politics.
- We are not publishers of random, empty, pointless facts you’ll never use, e.g. ‘the plastic piece on the tip of your shoelace is called an aglet.’ (because who cares, really?)
What you should know:
- You should know that we wouldn’t be here without you.
- You should know that we are only growing because of you.
- You should know that we respect, value, and appreciate your comments, opinions, contributions, and loyalty.
Who we are:
- Did You Know’s senior leadership includes CEO, Ramsey M | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Editorial Staff: Editor-in-Chief and Senior Video Editor, Justin Gardner | justin [at] didyouknowfacts.com
- Staff Writers: Trisha Zeigenhorn | staffwriters [at] didyouknowfacts.com
Matt Gilligan | staffwriters [at] didyouknowfacts.com
Sarah Marie | staffwriters [at] didyouknowfacts.com
Stephen Sheehan | staffwriters [at] didyouknowfacts.com
We thank you all, from the bottoms of our warm, fuzzy, little hearts, for being with us on this incredible journey and for continuing to inspire us along the way.