We all know what our food looks like once it’s sitting on shelves, poured out of a can, or on our plates at a restaurant, but most of us never get to see what our fruits, vegetables, seeds, etc., look like when they’re still in the fields or on the trees.
I hope you find these pictures as interesting (and enlightening!) as I did!
#12. Sesame Seeds
They look like beans!
I would have guessed some exotic fruit. And why are they not green?
#10. Vanilla Bean
*resists making limp joke*
This is like some kind of fantasy. Like New Zealand itself, really.
They have flowers! Who knew?
#7. Brussels Sprouts
These aren’t weird or anything. I just think they’re so pretty in their natural state.
So many of these are prettier than expected.
Or just a tree?
They’re green before they’re floating in a bog like in the commercial.
I could not have picked this out of a food lineup.
Look how it grows in the rocks – I love the color!
Wut. They look like peppers!
h/t: Bored Panda
Want more? Check out the articles below:
- 12 Facts That Will Make You Smarter Than Your Friends
- 6 of the Creepiest Unsolved Mysteries of All Time
- 8 Really Weird Facts That Completely Change Everything
- 13 Facts About Dogs That You Probably Don’t Know
- 10 Survival Myths That Could Kill You
- 6 Creepy & Crazy Coincidences That Make Fate Seem A Lot More Real
- 18 Family Traditions That Will Make You say WTF?!
- 17 Facts You Probably Didn’t Want to Know
- 14 Facts That Completely Destroy Your Perception of Time