The seemingly never-ending winter is now upon us and our everyday routines are thrown into chaos because of ice, snow, and unrelenting cold. But don’t fear! There are ways to get around all those headaches.
Take a look at these 10 cold weather hacks that will make your winter a little more bearable.
1. Make DIY heaters with tea lights and terracotta pots
Watch the video here for instructions.
2. Rub a candle on your shoe until you’ve coated it in wax, then melt it with a blow dryer, creating a thin, waterproof layer on your shoe!
3. Turn your ceiling fan on in the clockwise direction. Warm air rises to the ceiling, so the fan moving clockwise will push the warm air back down to you.
Don’t believe us? It’s a real thing.
4. Spray water on your windows with a spray bottle. Then apply bubble wrap to the windows to keep the heat inside by insulating.
5. When you’ve finished cooking, turn off your oven but keep the oven door open so the excess heat can circulate and warm up the room.
DO NOT use your oven as an actual heater. That’s a huge no-no.
6. Put socks on your windshield wipers to prevent them from freezing and sticking to your windshield overnight.
7. Fill a sock with kitty litter. Place it in on your dashboard to prevent your windows from fogging up when driving.
8. Put your pajamas, socks, and work clothes in the dryer for a few minutes before putting them on so you can feel cozy and warm.
They’ll also be wrinkle free!
9. Leave your cabinets open in the bathrooms and the kitchen so air can circulate. This will help prevent pipes freezing and potentially bursting.
10. Wear rubber gloves under your winter gloves for more warmth.
Stay warm out there!