The future is female! And powerful women are writing books that are shaping the world and how we (and they) view it.
The publication of Michelle Obama’s recent memoir has people all over the globe reading again, but she’s not the only high-profile woman who has recently penned an influential book.
Here are 10 books by women who are changing society for the better.
1. Becoming by Michelle Obama
2. Modern HERstory: Stories of Women and Nonbinary People Rewriting History by Blair Imani
3. Proud: My Fight for an Unlikely American Dream by Ibtihaj Muhammad
4. Surpassing Certainty: What My Twenties Taught Me by Janet Mock
5. Make Trouble: Standing Up, Speaking Out, and Finding the Courage to Lead — My Life Story by Cecile Richards
6. Tomorrow Will Be Different: Love, Loss, and the Fight for Trans Equality by Sarah McBride
7. When They Call You a Terrorist: A Black Lives Matter Memoir by Patrisse Khan-Cullors and Asha Bandele
8. Being Jazz: My Life as a (Transgender) Teen by Jazz Jennings
9. My Life on the Road by Gloria Steinem
10. I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai
Whichever book you choose, know you’ll be opening your mind up to amazing women whose life experiences are worth exploring.