Who doesn’t love a movie? There’s action, love, intrigue, and suspense. These cinematic films can keep us on the edge of our seats or have us weeping into a box of tissues. But what about the things we miss? Here are 11 “easter eggs” our favorite movies have left behind.
11. Deadpool 2: Wade keeps a drawing of Wolverine captioned “Prisoner 24601”. This is from Les Miserables and a nod to Hugh Jackman’s character Jean Valjean.
10. In Cars, take a look at the canyons! They are old cars and hood ornaments.
9. In Batman Returns, the director leaves a subtle hint in the shadows of Selena Kyles eyeglasses as to who Catwoman is.
8. In the remake of Star Trek, the Dyson Hand Dryer got a cameo as Enterprise Space Technology.
7. The elf pictured below, from Elf, is played by Peter Billingsley – or Ralphie, as we know him from A Christmas Story.
6. Most Sandler movies are filled with irony and in Happy Gilmore, the wardrobe choice fits perfectly.
5. If you speak Spanish, you probably noticed the Mexican restaurant sign in Anchorman. It translates to ‘We Spit in Your Food’.
4. In Toy Story 3, they brought back Sid as a grown up. That’s him as a garbage man.
3. In Back to the Future, the mall’s name changes from “Twin Pines Mall” to “Lone Pine Mall” after Marty runs over one of the original pine trees in 1955.
2. Pac-man is spotted in the Tron game grid!
1. If you look closely, The Raiders of the Lost Ark paid homage to Star Wars by placing hieroglyphics in the shape of C3P0 and R2D2.
Have fun watching these movies in real-time to find these and other easter eggs!