Australia is a great country known for a lot of things: amazing wildlife, beautiful beaches, nice people, endless stretches of open land, etc. But what about their food?
It’s kind of a mystery to most Americans, but no more!
Here are 12 Aussie food customs that we might find a bit unusual but are staples Down Under. Let’s take a look and see what’s going on with the food down there.
1. Vegemite on toast.
2. Ice cream + soda = a spider.
3. Sausage placed diagonally on white bread.
4. Bega cubes and primo cabanossi.
5. Chips with chicken salt.
6. Meat pie in a bowl of pea soup.
7. Big, fried potato circles.
8. Chicken parma is a staple…at the pub.
9. Chiko Roll: Cabbage stuffed, deep-fried pastry roll.
10. Known as Macca’s over there.
11. Burger with beetroot, pineapple, and a fried egg.
12. And finally, drinking out of a shoe…
Well, that sure was an insightful trip Down Under, yes?
What do you think? Have you been to Aussie and tried any of their food?
Tell us all about your experiences in the comments, please!