For better or worse, 2020 has been one wild ride.
The protests throughout the spring and early summer that have taken place around the world have left an indelible impression on our psyche. Everything is changing around us.
We’re living history, as these impactful tweets show. Check out some of the most moving images and videos from the year below.
1. A woman puts things in simple terms that everyone can understand.
The importance of Black Lives Matter in a basic, but powerful analogy.
2. A larger than life mural lines a Washington, D.C. street.
Mayor Muriel Bowser shares a massive Black Lives Matter mural painted directly in front of The White House.
3. Every voice matters.
Even if you go it alone.
4. You’re never too old to march.
Because the fight is never over.
5. Nine minutes of silence reflects the last moments of George Floyd’s life.
The protestors’ silence speaks volumes.
6. Through good times and bad.
Best friends fight racism together.
7. Finding a shared rhythm.
An impromptu dance party brings a moment of levity during the Black Lives Matter protests.
8. Health care meets activism.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the medical community shows up for an equally important cause.
9. A sign of the times.
A protestor addresses a harsh truth.
10. George Floyd’s last words.
Floyd’s final plea becomes a slogan of the Black Lives Matter movement.
11. People helping people.
A community gives back by paying it forward.
12. A dance of peace and hope.
Native Americans join the protests in Los Angeles.
These are just some of the powerful scenes we’ve witnessed during the Black Lives Matter protests of 2020.
Which moments were most moving for you? Share your thoughts in the comments below!