English is a bully of a language. It steals from Latin, German, every Romance language, and any others it feels like, then tosses all of the rules out the window and laughs at people who dare to ask why on Earth we need so many different words for ‘vomit.’
True story. I’ve heard it.
Check out these 12 times English proved, without a doubt, that it loves giving humans who dare to speak it the big ‘ol middle finger.
12. *head explosion*
11. The best part about this might be that the OP (original post) had to explain it?
10. In case you ever need a non-physical way to torture someone…
9. Please, just stop.
7. Definition: The national sport of England.
6. It definitely SHOULD. And yet…
5. For that person in your life who just doesn’t get it. Or people. If your Facebook friends are like mine you might need a case, is what I’m saying.
4. There’s English, and then there’s Southern English.
3. Like I said. The finger.
2. Rude. But, as it turns out, not entirely inaccurate.
1. When grammar nerds procrastinate.
h/t: Bored Panda
Want more? Check out the articles below:
- 12 Facts That Will Make You Smarter Than Your Friends
- 6 of the Creepiest Unsolved Mysteries of All Time
- 8 Really Weird Facts That Completely Change Everything
- 13 Facts About Dogs That You Probably Don’t Know
- 10 Survival Myths That Could Kill You
- 6 Creepy & Crazy Coincidences That Make Fate Seem A Lot More Real
- 18 Family Traditions That Will Make You say WTF?!
- 17 Facts You Probably Didn’t Want to Know
- 14 Facts That Completely Destroy Your Perception of Time
We know you can choose a lot of sites to read, but we want you to know that we’re thankful you chose Did You Know.
You rock! Thanks for reading!