The English language is a mashed up horror show of other languages – one that’s hard to understand and even harder to learn, if you’re not born into it – but even native speakers might not be aware of all the ways it is so bizarre.
13. We definitely need more ways to throw grammatical shade.
12. Make it stop.
11. All of the above.
9. Because who needs sense?
8. Contractions mean so many things.
6. A fair point.
"X is a made up word."
Please, tell me more about the all natural words that grew on the word bushes and were harvested by the word farmers in bushels and sent to the word market.
— Lisa Harney #FreeChelseaManning (@lisaquestions) February 6, 2019
5. We need this remake now, obviously.
4. Why though?
imagine trying to learn english and finding out that butt dialing and booty calls are two different things
— al (@allisonkollins) December 18, 2017
3. I hate myself for reading all of that.
2. Then sometimes it’s so obvious that you miss it.
1. You can never un-read these.
Go forth and sound smart!