Learning how to follow directions is one of the first lessons you learn growing up. While some people have no problem doing what’s asked, others always seem to rebel… and oftentimes in hilarious ways.
In some cases, people follow directions too literally. Sometimes people just overthink a simple instruction or fail to miss the sarcasm. Here are 14 moments where people did what was asked of them too literally.
Be warned: The results will have you rolling on the floor with laughter.
1. There are cheese fries, and then there are fries with cheese.
2. Apparently these engraving instructions weren’t clear enough.
3. Someone needed to brush up on their editing skills before hitting submit.
4. Not even Sherlock Holmes would be able to find that suspect.
5. I’d expect a few printer jams in the near future.
6. If it takes that long to describe it, you probably shouldn’t eat it.
7. That egg is going to be tough to take down in one bite.
8. These slices are definitely getting logged in MyFitnessPal.
9. Starting to feel queasy just looking at that dessert.
10. To call that fashionable is a major stretch.
11. Legal stuff couldn’t be more specific.
12. At least the paper towels are protected from the sink splatter.
13. Never leave a chocolate chip behind.
Searching for that lone chocolate chip will be a mission in itself. That takes some dedication!
Have you ever experienced someone taking instructions too literally? Following the orders too specifically?
Tell us about your funniest facepalm-worthy moments in the comments below! We won’t judge… much.