As an author, I can tell you for sure that it’s hard to write a story, and even harder to write a good story.
Perhaps the hardest thing of all is to write a short story, because finding your punch in just a few words can be more than a small challenge.
These 14 people have risen to that challenge, though, at least with these short – but terrifying – little horror vignettes.
14. When Death is afraid…
It might be time to get nervous.
13. Don’t ignore that, my friend.
You’ve gotta save your own neck sometimes.
12. Sad AND terrifying.
11. This would actually be a cool start to a longer story.
You know exactly how much time you have left – can you change anything?
10. The start to a murder show.
We all know where this is going.
9. Was it his handwriting though?
I’m going to go with yes.
8. I want to read the rest of this story.
Right now, please and thank you.
7. Ooh that’s quite a twist.
I’m a little jealous.
6. Alexa will just listen to anyone.
Loose lips, robot lady.
5. Look in a mirror my friend.
Don’t be afraid.
4. Ewww, the creep factor is high.
Like, off the charts.
3. Another one that really makes you think.
I’m turning over all of the possibilities in my mind.
2. I love it when my brain just takes care of things.
Oh, wait…that’s not….
1. Nope. Don’t like that.
Space freaks me out.
I’m totally creeped out! Argh!
Share your favorite horror story with us down in the comments.