Using the Internet in its infancy was not for the faint of heart. You had to share with the phone lines, wait 800 years for downloads to come over dial up, and fend off creepers…okay, so not everything has changed.
That said, if you are old enough to remember the transfer from the non-digital world to the digital, you’re going to feel these posts in your bones…and you’ll want to scream at the memories, too.
15. Google “Limewire” and feel our painnnn
14. Dollzmania was so high tech, y’all
13. My Space Tom
12. When sending your friends stickers on MSN Messenger meant disrupting their entire day
11. In some ways, not much has changed
10. If someone picked up the phone while this was happening…may God have mercy on their soul
9. *breathes into a bag*
8. I would never use Cool Math Games to play Lemonade Stand at school. NEVER.
7. Facebook needs to bring back the Top Friends concept so I can be petty as shit again
6. Online flirting in its infancy
5. When reading captchas was basically a test for superhuman sight
4. Some things are best left in the past
3. Oh, the guilt when you starve your virtual pets
2. And how they were also our first experience with how our children would eventually exact our parents’ revenge
1. If you’re younger, you might think this is a joke. It’s not.
We know you can choose a lot of sites to read, but we want you to know that we’re thankful you chose Did You Know.
You rock! Thanks for reading!