Growing up in a small town is very interesting. There’s not a lot to do, so you have to make your own fun. Everyone knows everyone else’s business, and gossip runs rampant.
But most people who grew up that way wouldn’t trade it for the world.
Here are 15 unmistakable signs that you grew up in a small town.
1. Friday Night Lights is a real thing
2. High school sports are the big news in town
3. You and your siblings (and sometimes your parents) all had the same teachers
4. Field party!
5. This made you late on numerous occasions
6. That’s the way it works
7. You sold a whole bunch of these
8. Your field trips consisted of this
9. Sometimes the Dairy Queen looked like this
10. There wasn’t much to do so you wandered out in the country a lot
11. You knew a lot of people in the FFA (Future Farmers of America)
12. Pickups were everywhere
13. The county/town fairs were a huge deal
14. But not too much freedom…
15. The nearest shopping mall was FAR
I guess John Mellencamp was right…