I’ve been lucky enough to go to Europe a couple of times, but there are still quite a few places I haven’t been able to go to yet: Spain, Greece, and the Czech Republic to name a few I’d love to visit.
And although the most well-known places in Europe are wonderful (London, Amsterdam, Paris, etc.), there are a lot of places you probably haven’t thought to see.
Throw together all the amazing cities and small towns that dot the continent and you can make an enormous list of underrated spots to visit.
Here are 15 places in Europe that might fly under the radar but are definitely worth your time and attention.
1. Gdansk, Poland. Architecture and history lovers, this one is for you.
2. Durmitor National Park, Montenegro: Much quieter than other European national parks.
3. Rovinj, Croatia: Wineries and adorable seaside towns.
4. Himarë, Albania: Gorgeous and uncrowded beaches.
5. High Tatras, Slovakia: Hiking, water sports, and skiing abound.
6. Riga, Latvia: Thriving art scene and great nightlife options.
7. Český Krumlov, Czech Republic: A small-town gem without the hustle and bustle.
8. Taormina, Italy: A Sicilian slice of paradise.
9. Ohrid, North Macedonia: Great restaurants, clubs, and beautiful trails around the lake.
10. Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany: A great base to explore the nearby Black Forest.
11. Ghent, Belgium: Beautiful canals and pedestrian-only streets in this charming city.
12. Innsbruck, Austria: A beautiful city at the foot of the mountains.
13. Bucharest, Romania: The capital city is charming and bustling with museums and cafés.
14. Ronda, Spain: A mountaintop town with beautiful architecture.
15. Piran, Slovenia: Beautiful winding streets and well-preserved Venetian architecture.
Oh, I forgot to mention I also need to visit Scotland, Croatia, Austria, Norway, Denmark, etc. A lot of places on the bucket list!
What are some of your favorite underrated places in Europe? Share them in the comments!