For some reason, almost all kids hate history in middle and high school. Personally, I think it has something to do with so many history teachers at those levels being coaches who do the bare minimum in the classroom…but that might just be my own experience talking.
I’m someone who grew to love history in college and beyond, so I love to see the interesting bits finding new, awestruck minds on the internet.
To that end, here are 16 history memes that just might teach you something new today!
16. Here are you still hungry?
15. The cleverness. It burns.
14. Yes, let’s do that insanity.
13. Yes. This is the collective expression on France’s face.
12. Until you end up there yourself. Womp womp.
11. Spoiler alert…it’s not the army.
10. A more accurate depiction I have not seen.
9. I need more for my collection.
8. It’s always the season.
7. This just made me laugh for real. The bread would be a lot more pleasant.
6. It’s always the barbarians. Dammit.
5. You’d best rethink that strategy.
4. Yep, it’s just that creepy.
3. At least have the sense to look ashamed.
2. With their own stick. Damn.
1. This wins best photoshop award.
I can’t say for sure that I learned anything new, but these memes definitely never get old.
How about you? Did you learn something? Share it with us in the comments!