I know kids today love going to McDonald’s and Chick Fil A and all the rest, but hear me out – those places are nowhere near as awesome as the iterations we visited as kids.
The outdoor playground at McDonald’s, full of metal stairs that could cut open a skull and bars that effectively imprisoned kids, all of the toys we worked so hard to collect – it was a special time.
And these 16 images are going to bring it all rushing back.
16. He looks so friendly.
That’s how clowns suck you in.
15. The Beanie Baby craze!
Would this even have been a list without it?
14. These were some of the best.
Not better than the Smurfs, though.
13. The disposable bibs, yes.
The McDonald’s by me is actually bringing them back.
12. Who on EARTH thought these were a good idea?
Their first foray into “healthy” eating.
11. I am not sorry the smoking thing is over.
I bet this ashtray would go for big bucks on Ebay, though.
10. The kid jail!
I bet our parents loved seeing us in there.
9. Our parents wanted these more than we did.
And they were so mad when we inevitably broke them.
8. Oh, how I wanted these!
I can still feel the yearning all these years later.
7. Not as good as the outdoor ones, though.
You will not change my mind on this.
6. These were some of the creepiest.
Too like Roger Rabbit.
5. Because we had to have something to do when our parents were taking forever.
It wasn’t because it took too long to get our food, that’s for sure.
4. These were so meta.
And nobody even knew what that meant.
3. Their Halloween toys were always the best.
I could never get them all, though. Which was probably by design.
2. More toys of McDonald’s food…
…sold at McDonald’s.
1. Back when their ice cream machines weren’t always broken.
And those twists, man. Those were the stuff.
Ahhh, can you smell the nostalgia? I can!
Which one of these gave you the biggest smile? Share with us in the comments!