There’s an entire subreddit that shares instances (usually funny ones) of people using words that sound like the word they meant to use, but definitely aren’t. The results are hilarious for anyone who recognizes the difference.
Below are 16 pretty great examples that might or might not – cause maybe they belonged to you – make your day.
16. No one said I would need to be able to play “guess the word” when I took this job.
15. That’s one way to get your money back.
14. What are you asking it for? To eat it?
13. Oh, dear. That looks permanent.
12. There’s almost nothing right about any of this.
11. I mean she’s doing what he asked.
10. These people are definitely from the Midwest.
9. That is quite the mental image.
8. Just sound it out, girl.
7. I’m not sure you’re advertising what you think you’re advertising.
6. That response, though. Heavens.
5. There’s no escaping it once you put it in writing.
4. Gossiping fruit is the worst.
3. I’ll take a few of those.
2. It’s like the fountain of youth!
1. With any luck, he will one day pass that civil service test.
I love these people. Bless their hearts.
Have you ever done anything like this? Have you heard something equally as good? Please share with us in the comments!