I’m not saying that long-term monogamous relationships like marriage are easy, y’all, but anything has gotta be easier than navigating dating on apps. There are just too many ways things can go wrong, if you ask me, and too few ways they can go right.
If there’s a silver lining to the whole mess, it’s probably that people are apt to share the worst of their experiences with the rest of us online – and if nothing else, at least we can laugh along with the cringe of these 16 messages.
You know, because they didn’t come to us.
16. I don’t know about you, but I’m scared.
I’d rather get back to the stupid ones, thanks.
15. The only appropriate response.
At least, the only one that doesn’t involve cursing.
14. That’s not a joke.
Or at least, it really shouldn’t be.
13. Wow he really took the long way around.
And it was all for nothing. Womp-womp.
12. Who in their right mind would say yes?
Maybe someone who is really into honesty, I guess.
11. Y’all, these two.
They might be a match made in heaven.
10. I’m going to guess he didn’t get a reply.
At least I certainly hope that he did not.
9. At least it’s not gross.
But the comparing her to your Uncle Gary probably wasn’t the best.
8. OK this one made me laugh.
I don’t think she’s going to be messaging you back, sir.
7. He almost pedaled it back.
Little did he know it was already too late.
6. He only has a few lines.
If you don’t respond, he’s gonna run out for real.
5. What is the deal with these lines?
How often do they actually work?
4. I’m going to guess that didn’t work.
Like, quickest way to get a swipe left.
3. That comeback is the real star here.
2. Neither of those things are a flex.
I mean…are they?
1. She was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.
But then he went and said what he said.
Y’all, I have no idea what is the matter with people but this is next level.
What’s the worst message you’ve ever gotten on a dating app? Tell us about it in the comments!