You can show almost anything on a map, which is awesome, because people really love visual representations of things – even totally random statistics and facts, like we’re about to show you.
Maybe even especially random statistics and facts, if we’re honest, which means you’re going to love these!
18. Tree Diversity.
I just love trees, y’all.
17. How America Utilizes Its Land.
Sort of eye-opening, isn’t it?
16. Who Says “Garbage Can” Vs. Who Says “Trash Can.”
We kind of say both, I think? Missouri is ever-divided.
15. Percentage of Foreign-Born Residents in Each State.
I love to see how our country is influenced by immigrants!
14. Portion of Each State that is Federal Land.
I had no idea there was so much, honestly.
13. States that Don’t Celebrate Columbus Day.
Why is this entire map not yellow?
12. Counties with In N Out Burger.
How long until we can turn this whole map red?
11. Popular Coffee Shop Chains.
I’m low-key shocked that the whole map isn’t green.
10. Waffle House Locations Per State.
Some of these poor states have none!
9. The Lowest Recorded Temperature in Each State.
I’m moving where it’s warmer, yo.
8. Date of Creation By County
I love a good history map.
7. Light Pollution in the United States.
If you want to see more stars, you know where to go.
6. U.S. Governors by Eye Color.
This is actually far more interesting than it looks at first glance.
5. Air Traffic Control Zones.
I thought there would be more!
4. Voters Who Didn’t Vote For Clinton or Trump in 2016.
This is the map that needs to change the most in 2020.
3. U.S. Education Spending.
See where your state stacks up, and then call your reps!
2. Average Size of U.S. Apartments by Region.
Some people are living in really small spaces. I guess there’s less to clean.
1. Map of Roads and Highways.
It’s so pretty when you look at it like this!
I’m completely enamored with all of these, and spent way too much time perusing them!
Which one was the most surprising or interesting to you? Let’s talk about it in the comments!