I mean, if a riddle doesn’t surprise you once in a while, we wouldn’t be doing our jobs!
We found these 5 on an Instagram account called @facts_and_reality, and we’ll definitely be going back for more.
Here you go:
5. A house within a house within a house.
4. Sally’s magic book.
3. The town of Pottsville.
2. John the Liar?
1. How many handshakes?
Continue reading when you’re ready for the answers!
5. There was a green house. Inside the green house there was a white house. Inside the white house was a red house. Inside the red house there were lots of babies. What was it really?
4. Sergei and Sally were sitting in their family room one night. While Sergei was watching TV, his wife Sally was reading. The power went out, and Sergei decided to go to bed, but Sally kept on reading – even though there was no artificial light. How?
3. Not away from the town of Pottsville, a single railroad track runs through a tunnel in a hillside. There’s only one track, and the tunnel is wide enough for only one train. But one day, two trains of different express class came into the tunnel from opposite directions. Each train entered the tunnel exactly at eight o’clock. Three minutes later, each train came out at the opposite ends of the tunnel. Yet, there was no collision! How was this possible?
2. John heard something has fallen in his wife room when his wife was not even at home and he was alone. He checked and found that her most loving statuette had broken. He realized someone just ran out of room. He ran after that stranger. His lenses of eyeglass fogged up when he came across the street because of very low temperature. He could see nothing and the stranger ran away. John called a police man and explained what had happened but the police man denied to investigate the case further. The cop asked him not to lie, knowing John had broken his own statue. How did he realize?
1. If 7 people meet each other and each shakes hands only once with the others how many handshakes will there have been?
Were you surprised? Did you get them all? Let us know in the comments!
Either way, thanks for playing!