Working with the public can be its own special hell – human beings are silly, and demanding, and obtuse, and when you throw a cultural or language barrier into the mix, things get even more wild.
It’s important to keep a sense of humor about it all (largely so you don’t commit murder), and that’s just what the artist (and the artist’s girlfriend) behind The Tour Bunny hoped to do with their comics.
Each one represents a real question or complaint (or repeated question or complaint) they’ve received while working in Iceland’s tourism industry, and even if you’ve never worked in tourism specifically, you will recognize these people.
15. Yes, sir, but you still saw lights correct?
14. Explaining things over and over again is exhausting.
13. Natural selection at its finest.
12. I bet he’d be impressed if you sent the tank.
11. Well, let me tell you a hundred stories over a thousand years.
10. I’m sure the whales are fine with it, yeah?
9. I mean, you warned them, right?
8. Nope, not like that.
7. I mean. So is Great Britain and they have a train to Paris.
6. Those scratches were already there.
5. I especially love people who think they’re not subject to the same weather as everyone else.
4. I am familiar with the “what can I turn into a weapon” game.
3. Who’s going to blink first?
2. That bat needs to be a permanent fixture in their tourism office.
1. Oh, bless her little bovine heart.
And then… let us know what you think about these awesome comics. Which one is your fave?
Let us know in the comments!