If you ever thought your food could use an upgrade, this is for you.
Yes, we should be grateful for every morsel that gets in our bellies. But once a upon a time, inspiration struck someone who thought, why don’t a fork and a spoon have a baby? And we got SPORK.
We need to encourage this sort of creative thinking. It’s pure genius – and it shouldn’t end just with dual purposed flatware.
The following list illustrates the need for Worldwide Food Improvement Awards. Because these inventors definitely earned the red carpet treatment.
1. McDonald’s will soon offer Triple Breakfast Stacks of two sausage patties, bacon, two layers of American cheese and an egg, on a McGriddle, McMuffin, or biscuit.
Now you won’t have to explain it every morning.
2. This bakery color codes the brownies so you know in what part of the pan it was baked.
Everyone knows the corners are the best part.
3. S’mores that ditched the graham.
4. You are ordering from Chipotle wrong.
Get more food by ordering the burrito bowl with the (free) tortilla on the side. Add more freebies, like extra beans, rice and fajita vegetables. They will get you on the guac, though.
5. Make quesadillas in your waffle maker.
6. Ripen avocados by wrapping them in foil and throwing them in a 200-degree oven until soft.
7. Make the shells of boiled eggs slide off by adding a teaspoon of baking soda to the water.
8. Wrap the end of a bunch of bananas with plastic wrap to keep them fresher longer.
9. Cone caps to protect your ice cream.
10. No more pizza disappointment.
Or what I like to call, pizzappointment.
11. Yasss gimmee gimmee
There has never been a more exciting time in the culinary arts than today. From meatier breakfast sandwiches to clearer pizza menus, it’s an amazing time to be alive. Bon appetit!