If I had to pick a favorite type of meme it would be a history meme – they’re jokes anyone who loves history can get and laugh at, and it’s always amusing to poke fun at our ancestors because they can’t yell at us now, right?
If you’re a history teacher, all of these memes are totally legit – so share a few in class and put your feet up while your kids frantically Google what it means.
15. No one really thought people would listen, right?
They didn’t listen even after the government started poisoning the alcohol.
14. It’s like they reenacted it on purpose.
13. I can actually see this happening.
And it’s cracking me up.
12. Tables just started flipping.
And literally no one knows WHY everyone cared.
11. The French still thought they got the better deal.
The joke remains on them.
10. Classic Caesar.
Classic Caesar joke.
9. Well this is awkward.
I hope we’ve all learned this lesson now.
8. Narrator: It was not all fine.
I wonder if they ever really believed it.
7. Pretty sure this is actual footage.
Prove me wrong.
6. It’s a thesis in a few panels.
5. No one still believes it happened.
I mean we do, but also it’s insane.
4. We don’t know.
Brutus was supposed to be watching him, Sir.
3. Such an awkward moment.
Like, I’m cringing for history.
2. Could have knocked that wall down a lot sooner that way.
You know it’s true.
1. Some recent history.
These are brilliant and I wish I’d thought of them.
Which one did you already share with someone? Tell us in the comments!