I think it’s fair to say that not as much about the past was “better” or “good,” the way our minds so often want to remember it.
That said, there’s a certain amount of nostalgia that accompanies our youth, and for many of us who grew up in the 80s and 90s, that includes the rare occasions our parents too us “out” to dinner at a fast food place like McDonalds, or we won a free personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut by completing the BookIt program at school.
If you’re a certain age, these 17 images will hit you right in the feels.
17. I had forgotten the polka dots.
Wendy’s used to be much better than it is now.
16. And it was pasted to the tables.
Kind of a genius way to save money if you ask me.
15. I wouldn’t mind going back to those prices.
And the novelty of takeaway is adorable.
14. A precursor to the McRib.
You need sauce on that thing, though.
13. That slogan was never going to last.
It was fun while it lasted, though, wasn’t it?
12. So many happy kids.
A simpler time, in some ways.
11. Will we ever eat at a salad bar again?
I have to say I hope not.
10. Proud of the inclusion, Burger King.
That tag line, too!
9. So much nostalgia in one image.
8. This picture actually made me hungry.
It’s no Mexican Pizza, though. #RIP
7. I don’t know why we wanted this so badly.
We definitely did, though.
6. Those old letterboard menus.
Ahhhh, I’d forgotten that.
5. These need to make a comeback.
Kids today would love them just as much I swear.
4. That color scheme!
Those shapes! Perfection!
3. I never could get the green one.
We trick-or-treated with these for years.
2. I had honestly forgotten this place.
Probably because the food was awful.
1. He’s the least scary clown.
But he’s still a clown, so…nope.
I don’t want to go back, but maybe, for a day, it might be nice.
I don’t think I would fit in any of that old playground equipment at McDonald’s, though. Sadly.