Many of us have a vision for when we pop the question. It might be a romantic evening on the beach or dinner at someplace significant. Some people like to make it a big deal, while others prefer a private proposal.
Then there’s this guy, who posted his story on the subreddit, “Today, I F***ked Up.”
He titled his story, “TIFU the perfect plan.”
He starts out with what he had on his agenda:
This is how the weekend should have gone.
- Pick up girlfriend.
- Drive to romantic location.
- Pop the question.
- Girlfriend > Fianceé.
Seems like a good plan. It’s not too complicated, nothing crazy. What could go wrong?
This is how the weekend actually went.
- Picked up girlfriend.
Well, so far, so good. Perhaps he should have stopped there…
- Got distracted on the road when I noticed a naked homeless man chasing down a dog who had a visible dildo in its mouth.
- Got so distracted I never even noticed the truck in front of me slowing down.
That’s the end of it, right? Nope. The list continues:
- Lost the ring in the accident.
- Swapped romantic location for hospital.
- Pissed off girlfriend’s parents for almost Final Destinationing their daughter.
- Pissed off roommate for crashing his car.
- Pissed off myself for pissing off everyone.
- Ended off this weird ass weekend with nothing to show but bills and bruises.
Not a rousing success. So, is that the end of the story?
Any plans I had of proposing have been put on pause until I somehow manage to unfuck life.
Tl;dr Planned to propose but got struck by a naked homeless man, a random doggy with a dildo, and a big ass truck.
What’s the craziest engagement story you’ve ever heard? I’d be surprised if it could top this one.