Recently, Buzzfeed asked their readers what movie scenes they thought were completely unnecessary and should never have been kept. They come up with some real doozies, and, frankly, we couldn’t agree more.
Here are 10 terrible scenes that really should’ve been left out.
1. The 40-Year-Old Virgin, where there is a not-funny drunk-driving scene
“She has him blow into a breathalyzer and then drives, all the while hitting cars and running red lights. It wasn’t funny at all in what was a great movie. Seems really randomly put in and actually made me feel quite uncomfortable.”
2. Booksmart, where a teacher hooked up with a student
“The film would’ve been perfect from start to finish if they hadn’t included this creepy and inappropriate subplot. It added absolutely nothing to the storyline and was just weird.”
3. Kingsmen, where it ends on an anal sex joke
“Ugh, it makes me cringe every time and adds nothing to the film. It’s just silly.”
4. It, when there’s that dancing scene
5. Love Actually, where there’s a weird sign scene
“The guy kissed the wife of his best friend! For such a sweet romantic movie the fact that she thought that was cute and they did that was gross and out of place, totally sending the wrong message.”
6. Bridesmaids, where everybody gets diarrhea
“It just grosses me out and doesn’t add anything to the story.”
7. Wonder Woman, where Chris Pine is half-naked
“It was a really cheap way to get Chris Pine nude and they could’ve found a better way for her to notice his watch.”
8. A Star is Born, where Lady Gaga is naked
“It’s such a good example of how the male gaze can ruin a great film. It feels very arbitrary and makes her appear really vulnerable during a moment which should exert her strength. To make matters worse, at his most vulnerable Bradley Cooper is fully clothed in a shower! Why does Jack deserve clothes when Ally doesn’t?!”
9. Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, where Cher shows up
“Honestly, it was awful. You could tell they only had her in the movie so they could include the song “Fernando”. It just felt very forced to me, especially because they allude to her being dead in the first movie.”
10. Grease, where the car with Danny and Sandy flies away
“What was the point?!”
Who knows, bubbles1344. Who really knows.
If you have a completely unnecessary movie scene in mind, let us know in the comments.