The decision whether or not to have children is a very personal one, and one that is different for every single person (or couple) who has to make it. There’s no right or wrong answer, especially when you find our you’re expecting a baby that wasn’t planned.
If you’re curious why people or couples might choose the adoption route as opposed to abortion or raising the child themselves, these 11 people are ready to open up.
11. Fathers still have rights.
He must have agreed to sign them away at some point.
10. Seems like that decision should have been made together.
And perhaps some time ago.
9. That’s definitely an impasse.
Lots of tough conversations coming up. And maybe legal battles.
8. It can be a selfless choice.
For another couple and for the child.
7. No one can make it for you.
It’s your first (and sometimes only) act as a parent.
6. Not bad, necessarily.
But if you’re not on the same page, the relationship might not work out.
5. As long as you both agree.
Then the decision is fairly simple.
4. Those are a lot of complicated feelings.
It’s hard to blame someone for needing more time to work them out.
3. Maybe a PowerPoint presentation.
But seriously, you’d better have some good reasons lined up.
2. That’s a tough conversation.
What if one of you is ready and one of you is not?
1. I imagine those answers are priceless.
No matter how good an adoption is, there’s always baggage.
It’s really eye-opening to get a peek into someone else’s reasons, don’t you think?
If you’ve been involved in an adoption, we’d love to hear what the decision process was like for you.