Everyone you encounter on a daily basis, from the big-shot CEO, to the homeless person asking for change on the street, is fighting an internal battle. These struggles can be emotional, financial, or any number of things.
And even though many of us don’t want to admit it, sometimes we need a helping hand.
These 10 Twitter users shared their personal stories about when they were in dire straits and received a helping hand that they haven’t ever forgotten about.
1. Everyone deserves a chance.
2. It gets better.
3. A little goes a long way…
4. “It is never wrong to help someone.”
5. Teach your children well.
6. “You can’t teach a hungry child.”
7. Hard work.
8. “…more than many will ever know.”
9. “Quite well” ain’t too shabby.
10. Pay it back x 100.
This is why it is important to never assume anything about anyone, because you never really know where they’ve been and what they are going through unless you’ve walked in their shoes. And if you know someone is in need, help them out in any way you can. Paying it forward is real.