As time passes, parts of life start becoming obsolete due to advances in technology. This advancement makes our lives easier – whether it be how we listen to music or even threading a needle. But we leave so much behind, too, that sometimes it does us good to have a little nostalgic remembrance session.
Here are some items you may recall, but your kids might say “huh?” to.
10. Before cell phones we used pay-phones
9. Before the cloud was even a thought, floppy and hard disks were the way to save precious data.
8. Wanna watch a movie? VHS was king before DVDs and Netflix!
7. If you had an itch to make a prank call, you used the phone book to track down numbers of businesses and people in your neighborhood.
6. You never left the house without a walkman or disc man to tap into your favorite music.
5. Metal coins? Nope! Needle threaders.
4. These are “church keys” – but they don’t open any doors. They are classic bottle openers.
3. This strange item assisted in laying LPs on a record player.
2. Cassette tapes came before CDs and after vinyl
1. And lastly, film! You actually had to wait to see how your pictures turned out while the film was being developed.
What are your favorite obsolete items from your childhood?