Getting engaged is can be one of the highlights of a woman’s life. But one woman’s engagement went a bit awry when she accidentally swallowed her engagement ring in her sleep.
It all started with a very strange dream. Jenna Evans dreamt that she and her fiancé Bobby were “in a very sketchy situation involving a high speed train and bad guys.” Bobby told Jenna she had to swallow her ring to protect it, so she “popped that sucker off, put it in my mouth and swallowed it with a glass of water.”
“I assumed this too was a dream, because WHO ACTUALLY SWALLOWS THEIR ENGAGEMENT RING, so I went back to sleep,” Jenna wrote on Facebook.
Unfortunately, it wasn’t a dream. Jenna woke up to no ring on her hand and realized that she had actually swallowed her ring in real life, too.
“I went to urgent care where I struggled to explain why I was there, because I was laughing/crying so hard,” she recalled.
Doctors performed an X-ray on Jenna and sure enough, there was the ring right in her stomach.
Rather than let nature take its course, Jenna went to a GI doctor, where she had to tell the whole hilarious story all over again. Then she had an upper endoscopy, which caused a moment of panic when she had to sign a release form in case of death.
“I cried a lot because I would be SO MAD if I died,” Jenna said. “I waited a long time for that damn engagement ring and I WILL marry Bobby Howell DAMNIT.”
Thankfully, everything went relatively smoothly — the doctors gave the ring back to Bobby, who returned it to Jenna.
“I promised not to swallow it again, we’re still getting married and all is right in the world.”
Here’s the whole story in her own words:
Talk about a dream come true…