It’s never easy when a relationship, particularly a marriage, comes to an end.
Whatever the situation, whatever the reason, change is hard enough all on its own without adding feelings into the mix.
But sometimes, people just know it’s over.
Here are 10 extremely clear moments when people knew it was time to move on.
1. Name calling is one thing, but leave the kids alone
This would probably be an ah-ha moment for me, too.
2. If they don’t care about your or your health and only put you down
Frankly, I would have a few choice words for him, alongside, “It’s over.”
And honestly, he was probably the root of her high BP, so…
2 birds, 1 stone.
3. When it gets to the point that you don’t even know who you are anymore
I mean yeah, that might be a bright flashing neon sign.
4. Or when they just don’t even seem to see you
I mean, I’m really bad about this, with all people.
I hope he gave her a day or two. But still.
5. Cheating is one thing, but to be so brazen…
That right there… that might be a pretty good indicator that it’s time to call it.
6. Or when things start to get violent
Violence is never okay, and people should seek safety immediately.
7. If you can’t even stand the sight of the person
Then maybe it’s time to not have to see them anymore.
8. Or if they’re just. This. Callous.
I mean, people deal with grief in their own way, but just. Dang.
9. And secrets are one thing but this sounds…
I mean, there was obviously already a problem, but just, what?
10. It’s easy to give and give and give
But before you punish them, make sure they knew they were contributing to your unhappiness.
Yikes, it sounds like these people were in some pretty toxic marriages.
Have you ever had a clear and defining moment when you just knew it was over? Share your story in the comments.