Even though things continue to change and evolve in society, one of the traditions that feels pretty intact is the one where a woman takes her husband’s last name upon marriage.
Not everyone does it but many peopled do, and once kids enter the equation the choice can become even more complicated – at least for women.
What about for men, though? If you’ve ever wondered how guys feel about the whole thing, these 10 are sharing their truest (anonymous) thoughts below!
10. This is a cool idea.
It could be the wave of the future.
9. Why are they important, though?
I think that’s a good question to ask.
8. This one just made me laugh.
Confidence is key, y’all.
7. Some people are ready for a change.
It’s a brand new start!
6. Well let’s hope she agrees.
Otherwise that could get awkward.
5. Some people have strong feelings the opposite direction.
They’re probably still a minority, though.
4. You never know how people feel about their family.
Some families don’t deserve to be carried on.
3. Whatever makes her happy.
This is probably the very best attitude to have, no?
2. That’s one way to look at it.
Opinions are fine to have, though.
1. Why does that equal commitment, though?
Just something to think about.
I wish some of these people would elaborate more but it’s still super interesting.
If you’re married, what are your thoughts? Please drop them in the comments!