If you’ve got kids – or even if you don’t – there’s a good chance you’ve heard about increased rates of bullying and suicide among young people in the United States.
One of the reasons for this is the increased pressure at school, and to hear these 10 kids talk about it, it’s hard to doubt that something needs to change.
10. Having older siblings can be tough!
In so many ways.
9. No time for fun.
Kids need balance, too!
8. Reading for fun doesn’t have to be a luxury.
Sadly, so many students feel that way.
7. That sounds like a terrible day.
Most days should be calm and boring!
6. Or they just don’t want to do anything about it.
5. Pressure at home exists, too.
Sometimes it’s a good thing, but not always.
4. The system is broken.
Who is going to fix it?
3. Teachers shouldn’t play favorites.
The kids who need extra attention should definitely get it.
2. What happened to balance?
We’re all out of whack.
1. When did this change?
I don’t remember school being that big of a deal.
I hate that young people are feeling this way about a place that’s supposed to be safe.
How was school for you? Are your kids struggling? Tell us in the comments!