It’s hard enough to find a romantic partner you like and want to keep around without also finding someone who fits in well with your family and friends. It can be a big, stressful thing to introduce the two for the first time, because you never really know how it’s going to turn out.
For these 10 people, those first meetings didn’t exactly go as planned…but hopefully things all worked out in the end.
10. Time to pop some popcorn.
I wish I could be a fly on every wall.
9. Seems like the best possible outcome.
I’m sure it was awkward for a few minutes, though!
8. Bless his heart.
I hope that’s not the reason he’s an ex-boyfriend.
7. Um, he definitely could have warned you.
That’s a major red flag if you ask me.
6. Who doesn’t take a nap on Christmas?
That’s literally one of the best parts of the day!
5. This is a big ol’ yikes.
Take your boyfriend and run.
4. There’s always that one uncle.
I sure wish that wasn’t the case, though.
3. That’s kind of what older brothers are for.
And yet, it’s still annoying and embarrassing.
2. I think there’s more wrong here than meeting the family.
I mean, big ol’ yikes.
1. That’s definitely not a good thing.
Might be time for a serious assessment as to whether or not they might be right.
Sometimes you should listen to your family, because maybe they know you best.
Other times, you have to know your family isn’t the best and take their opinions with a grain of salt.
Have you had an awkward introduction with a partner to your family? Tell us about it in the comments!