In America, we can tend to be a little bit self-centered. We complain about our school lunches – whether they’re too healthy or not healthy enough – and even deny them sometimes to kids who really need them.
We probably don’t think much about what lunches are like other places, though, but sometimes comparisons can be useful. If you’re curious now, here are 10 pictures from around the world that students took of their plates.
10. I’m not 100% sure what I’m looking at.
I would totally try it, though.
9. Hold up, they get fresh seafood?
I’m disappointed in my own choices now.
8. A vegetarian option?
How nice is that?
7. That literally made me sick to my stomach.
What in heaven’s name IS that?
6. This looks so yummy and cozy.
Perfect for a cold winter day.
5. More seafood.
I am officially jealous.
4. I love all of the little compartments.
I’ve never liked to have my food touch.
3. Schools have been serving that same chipped-beef gravy for 40 years.
I’m shuddering just thinking about it.
2. Definitely looks delightful.
I would clean my plate for sure.
1. How fancy is this?
It’s like we’re at a baby shower or something!
I would 100% eat some of these, and honestly, they look better than most of the lunches I make myself at home.
What do you think? Could the States step it up? Are we doing ok? Sound off in the comments!