Cats may have been domesticated for less time than dogs, but that doesn’t mean people haven’t been fascinated with our feline friends for centuries – a fact proven by these medieval paintings of cats grooming their nethers.
And to be honest, butts are pretty much always funny.
Check out the pictures below before you even try to argue with me.
11. Why doesn’t he have whiskers, though?
10. Did Jesus have a cat? Was he doing sign language? I’m so confused.
9. She looks so happy.
8. I mean, who wouldn’t want to focus on that?
7. The face of a cat that can’t be bothered.
6. That’s quite a tongue.
5. Contortionist cat.
4. How are you going to sneak up on a cat like that?
3. I have many questions about this painting, and the butt-licking isn’t even one.
2. One of these things is not like the other.
1. Typical dad cat, not helping with the kids.
Happy cat watching!