If you, like me, are obsessed with all things history, then you know that the internet is an especially magical place. There are facts everywhere you look, and experts on just about every niche you can imagine are lurking right out in the open and happy to share their knowledge with whoever wants to listen.
So, without further ado (because I know you’re excited), here are 11 super interesting facts for my likeminded nerds!
11. An invention born of necessity.
People will find a way to make the world work for them.
Thousands of years ago, Inuit and Yupik people of Alaska and northern Canada carved narrow slits into ivory, antler and wood to create snow goggles. This diminished exposure to direct and reflected ultraviolet rays thereby reducing eye strain and preventing snow blindness. pic.twitter.com/isGYJNAWJ1
— Archaeo – Histories (@archeohistories) November 29, 2021
10. I would love to see that in person someday.
Trees are the absolute best.
9. Why haven’t we all been doing this all this time?
Like, this has always existed?
8. He could eat like ten of them.
Pretty much all at once.
7. I could never do this in a million years.
I could never even have the idea, if I’m being honest.
6. The Romans built things to last.
It’s really amazing when you think about it.
5. It makes me sick to think about this being knocked down.
I’m so happy it was saved.
4. Artists are so amazing.
I could never do this in a million years.
3. It kind of takes your breath away.
The entire look is pretty surreal.
2. Can’t have all those babies dying.
France needs men and boys, y’all!
1. Well isn’t that nifty.
I hope it has some babies really soon.
I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling smarter already!
What’s your favorite source for random and interesting facts? I know we’re all dying to keep the fun going in the comments!