Being stuck indoors doesn’t mean you can’t have fun. In fact, learning how to make the best of any situation can help you get through tough times.
For some, that means letting loose and wiggling those hips. For others, it may mean breaking out an old game or favorite past time. Innovation and out-of-the-box thinking is key to having fun while in quarantine.
So if you’re feeling a little down, or flat-out bored, check out these 12 mood-boosting activities people are doing to stay entertained and bring a little bit of joy back to life.
1. Dancing Chuck looks awfully spry busting out his dance moves at age 97.
The former Navy pilot has better dance moves than kids half his age. Where can I take some lessons?
2. You can bet Jess will never have a more unforgettable birthday.
Not even my best birthday party had decorations like that. This lady gets my “Mom of the Year” vote!
3. This dog seems to be tired of playing fetch.
You know it’s getting bad when you’re dog won’t take off running after a bouncing ball.
4. This gerbil got his very own art gallery.
Who said pets can’t have good taste? This gerbil probably knows more about art than I do.
5. Date night will never be the same.
This husband scored big points for his homemade version of date night. The rest of us will have to follow in your footsteps.
6. These kids pulled off the perfect photo prank.
Who knew Tiger King characters were part of the family portrait? Well played, girls. Well played.
7. This guy just showed up the rest of the world with his date night idea.
When those are the two choices, who can say no?
8. This man put his carpentry skills to good use.
I’m jealous just looking at that masterful piece of art. That’s going the extra mile.
9. A cat decided to go for a new look.
Our furry friends care about their appearance too. Only, I don’t think this new color scheme was intentional.
10. One family put on an entire Schitt’s Creek-inspired meal.
After eating at the same boring dining table, it was time to spice things up with some inspiration from the big screen.
11. These parents went on a prehistoric beer run.
Even dinosaurs get thirsty. But if it were my parents, I might have to socially distance myself from them in public if they dressed in giant t-rex suits.
12. Her parents’ reaction was priceless.
After days of wearing the same sweatpants, it’s nice to switch up your style. This girl’s parents had the sweetest reaction to seeing their daughter dressed up.
How have you been spending your extra time at home? Tell us about heart-warming quarantine activities that you’ve enjoyed with your family and friends in the comments below!