Now, I’m not here to defend how well Friends has or hasn’t aged as an entire series (my own opinion is not great), but if one thing seems to be true, it’s that the series isn’t going away. New generations are finding it on streaming, and even though they’re more likely to point out its many issues, they’re still embracing the six single New Yorkers that Millennials and Gen X know and love.
So, listen. If Friends is going to be around, it’s important to give it props where props are due – and as you can see from these 12 quotes, there are some ways its wisdom can definitely be applied today.
12. Extremely relatable content.
11. I guess it’s always just been as simple as that.
10. We should have known…
9. Sad but true…and also there are so many people here.
8. So many strange talents to discover!
7. Add some Lysol spray and viola!
6. It’s the combinations that get tricky.
5. It really is that simple!
4. Yes, let’s all do it together!
3. Some people should definitely be stockpiling condoms.
2. Chandler’s always proving why he’s the best character on the show.
1. It took some of us longer to realize this, but we’re all there now.
My own relationship with the show is complicated, but I am always happy to have a laugh with the crew.
What’s your favorite Friends episode? Does it get you through the tough stuff? Share it with us in the comments!