Being a kid is kind of weird right? You basically have no say in your own life, and so you just go along, doing what the adults tell you is required, until you graduate from high school and suddenly, you start to ask questions.
Like, why did we have to eat lunch so early? Why was square dancing a required part of gym class? And a million others.
Here are 12 things we all thought were part of a normal day until high school was over – looking back, they’re more than a little strange.
12. Those were so fun.
It didn’t happen very often.
11. Why was it always the bathroom.
We really enjoyed spending time in there I guess.
10. I wonder what that was all about.
Because I still remember their names.
9. Who doesn’t love a hug?
They’re objectively delightful.
8. So much math to learn, so little time.
7. Teachers would just use whatever.
Sometimes I think they just wanted to laugh at us.
6. I don’t think it’s because they were super clean.
I’m just saying.
5. It will come in handy one day when you’re a parent.
Or a teacher.
4. Surely it taught you something.
We can figure it out if we really try.
3. No one uses checks anymore.
Poor banks. How will they ever make money now?
2. That does not make for a normal day.
It requires recovery time.
1. I mean, it worked.
That’s called ingenuity, kids.
I wonder if my kids are going to feel the same way. Probably!
What was something you weren’t sorry to leave behind in high school? Tell us in the comments!