I love maps. I remember studying atlases for hours when I was a kid and being fascinated by all of the exotic and strange places around the world.
So in the spirit of rekindling my childhood obsession with all things map-related, here are some very interesting maps about all kinds of random things that are quite fascinating.
Let’s take a look.
1. An eagle’s movements tracked over a 20-year period.
2. Tracking different packs of wolves in Voyageurs National Park. You can see how they avoid each other’s territory.
3. Countries talked about in the Bible.
4. The U.S. from an Alaskan perspective.
5. Where flamingos live around the world.
6. The longest possible way to travel by train in the world.
7. Different giraffe patterns in Africa.
8. Each section contains 10% of the world’s population.
9. Locations from Johnny Cash’s song “I’ve Been Everywhere.”
10. The populations of the Dakotas and Manhattan, NYC.
11. 50% of Canadians live below that red line.
12. How much snow it takes to cancel schools.
13. The entire continent of South America is east of Michigan.
Those are awesome!
What did you think? Are you a big map fan?
Tell us all about it in the comments. And if you have a map you’d like to share with us, let’s see it!