I know they say that architecture is a form of art, and that people and places can be expressed through what their buildings say about them – and I honestly believe that’s true.
If you don’t, we think these 14 pictures might change your mind…because there’s no doubt there’s something uncomfortably off about these buildings.
14. Looks like a scene from Super 8.
Or some other marginally terrifying scifi flick.
13. It’s certainly looming and ominous.
I’m guessing that was the point.
12. If you want to walk into your own horror story…
This hotel seems perfect!
11. So futuristic.
But not in a good and fun way.
10. I would turn around so fast if I saw this.
Why is this necessary in the world?
9. I would live here.
Not gonna lie.
8. Y’all I don’t hate this.
It’s kind of pretty!
7. It looks like something out of Judge Dredd.
Which is not a movie any of us want to live in, honestly.
6. Amazing lighting.
It could be the cover of a novel or a movie poster.
5. It seems like a plausible origin story.
Why else would you do this?
4. And you thought your walk home was rough!
Could you die, though?
3. It’s kind of pretty.
I just wish it was right side up.
2. Red light room.
You don’t need to know what’s going on in there to know it’s not for you.
1. I do not want to look at this for another second.
Make it stop.
I don’t like these, y’all. I just don’t.
Why do you think people design buildings like this? Tell us your thoughts in the comments!